Post: Qualified Youth Workers - 16 hrs per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a number of Youth Workers to join the team at this Sunderland based Voluntary Sector Youth Organisation.
Youth Almighty are one of the North Easts Largest Youth Providers and are rapidly expanding due to its unique governance which is 100% youth led with funding recently being secured from a number of external funders.
Youth Almighty are predominantly a Centre Based Provider of high standard Youth Provision, Training and Education but in addition we have a distinct model of detached engagement work that targets some of the area’s hardest to reach young people, working closely with our partners including the local authority, local schools, the police, RSL’s and LMAPs (Local Multi Agency Partnership).
We are now seeking exceptional individuals to engage with young people, form a trusted relationship and to support them.
You will work within a team of Youth Workers whose role is to locate and work with disaffected young people that are disengaged from mainstream provision and provide mentoring support and opportunities for personal and social development that can enable their transition into further education, training or employment.
* At least 12 months experience of working with young people in either a detached or mainstream setting supporting their personal and social development.
* Completed a level 2 in youth work or equivalent as a minimum.
* The ability to research and seek out various opportunities for young people that provide opportunities for personal and social development.
* An understanding of the needs of socially excluded young people, skills to communicate effectively with young people and the ability to motivate and engage them positively.
* An ability to work flexibly and manage time effectively.
This is a challenging, but highly rewarding job, which will allow you to make a real difference to the lives of young people.
This contract is a permanent contract with an offer of up to 16 hours, Youth Almighty being a family friendly employer offer a variety of flexible working solutions to enable those in other employment to negotiate hours to suit both employers.
Any offer of employment for this post will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Vetting.
Youth Almighty are an equal opportunities employer.
|Closing date:||Will always consider Applications
||£9.58ph - £13.84ph depending on experience
|Location:||Various area's of Sunderland
|Download application form:||application form|
|Post applications to:||Youth Almighty
Silksworth Youth and Community Centre
Tunstall Village Road